Task monitor page
A new page has been created to give administrators a complete overview of incomplete tasks within Automation Platform. Tasks can be filtered or sorted by Request Id, Requesting user, Due date, Activity/Service names, Request creation/ modification dates or by Task owners.
The Task monitor page is accessed by the Administer menu.
The actions administrators can be made on this page:
- Monitor outstanding tasks.
- Modify task owners (adding and remove) for individual or multiple tasks.
- Go-to the details of the task and view/ complete the information regarding the task RequestID. This page (Task details) shows the same information as My Task page.
- Correlate RequestID and Activity name ID in Request monitor for easier troubleshooting.
- Export required information as CSV.
- Request monitor: RequestActivityID is now displayed next to the request activity name.
- In a move to improve authentication for the platform, the team has begun preparations to support login using Azure ID. Administrators/users shouldn't experience any changes to functionality, usability or performance.
Modifications have been made in the following areas:
- URLs now default without a # but will continue to work with one.
- Re-running activities in Request monitor.
- Adding references to AD attributes from Service Admin.
- Rendering and using categories on Start Page.
- Managing settings in Settings admin.
- Rendering tasks on My Task page.
- Scheduled tasks are now running in the correct order when having multiple run times set.
- Adding subcategories in Category Admin should no longer cause any errors.
- Activities no longer show the wrong displayname within the Process overview on the My Task page. These activities are also no longer visible when Exclude from Process overview is set to true.