There comes the time, when you need support for your product. To save time, reduce questions and to speed up the whole support process, you as the initiator of a support case can do a lot.
Instead via email, open your ticket via the Support Portal
This gives you as the initiator a hand full of options, that you don't have via email.
- You can add the product, component and version of the component, that you are having issues with. This reduces check backs with support.
- After you selected your product, you receive articles that may help you to solve the problem by yourself. This can be a user guide or a qualified knowledge base article.
- You can easily add people to the 'watchlist' of the ticket. They will be put in cc of every email, that comes in or goes out from the ticket. Put in your colleagues, business partner or Snow account manager to let them know, what is going on.
- Set the impact and urgency to a correct level. This helps support to distinguish, which of your tickets deserves more attention than the other. You know best, what bothers you most.
- You can track your open cases easily. In addition, you can see tickets of your colleagues as well. If they are on holiday or sick leave, you can jump in and work on their tickets, if you like.
Attach all relevant information
- Logs are key. Attach as many logs, as you can find. If it is more than one log source, put them in different folders and name them wisely. Finally pack them as a zip archive and add them to the support case. Follow this guide to find the logs of your components.
- When does your issue occur? Is it reproducible? The more information, the better.
- Did anyone do any major changes prior to the issue? The earlier support knows, the faster your issue can be resolved.
- How is your system setup? There are different sizings of Snow environments, depending on your total devices. Do you have a dedicated SQL server or a shared one? Do you have Snow License Manager and Snow Inventory running on the same server or on separate machines?
If you have any questions on this, please don't hesitate and comment this article.