This blog post is all about installation sources and manual/automatic updates. Download installers, in case you want to perform a fresh installation. Configure your Snow Update Service to receive automatic product updates or to manually apply offline updates.
Current Product Versions
Get product versions of all Snow products here.
Snow License Manager
Snow Inventory Server
Snow Integration Manager
Snow Update Service
All Snow products are being updated via Snow Update Service, which is a separate component coming with each application. It has two operation modes, which are described below.
You can open the Snow Update Service GUI here:
C:\Program Files\Snow Software\Snow Update Service\SnowSoftware.Update.Gui.exe
This is the default setting. Snow Update Service relies on an internet connection to gather updates from the central Snow Update server. It will download updates the following components:
- Snow Inventory Server
- Snow License Manager
- Snow Inventory Agents
- Snow Management and Configuration Center
- DIS Rules
- SRS Rules
Updates are scheduled. This schedule can be viewed/changed in the Snow Update Service GUI under 'Change settings'.
Manual Update (Offline Mode)
As obvious, Snow Update Service requires an internet connection. If, for whatever reason, there is no internet connection available, you can use the builtin Offline Mode.
Let's say, we want to update the software using the offline mode.
- Go to 'change settings' and click 'Use offline mode'. Hit 'Save' afterwards.
- New menu entries appeared in the left menu. First, you need to export the Product Manifest by hitting 'Export product manifest' in the left menu. Safe this file to your local computer.
- Visit the Snow Software Updates Portal, click 'Software Update'. Put in your email address in (the download link will be sent there) and upload the product manifest file. Hit 'Request package'.
- After the creation process, download the package and transfer it to the server.
- In the Snow Update Service GUI, hit 'Install offline updates' and refer to the update file. Finally, hit 'Install'.
You may have missed Snow Integration Manager in the list of automatically updated applications above. This is because it is currently not included in Snow Update Service and therefore needs to be updated manually. Watch this video to see a guide.