Change agent settings
Start a command prompt as admin (windows – type ‘cmd’ and then right click and select ‘run as administrator’)
To change settings:
- Type notepad
- Open the following file – C:\Program Files\Snow Software\Inventory\Agent\snowagent.config
- Edit the entry e.g. ‘<Address> so it reads:
- Save snowagent.config
Stop and start the snow agent for it to pick up the new settings by:
- Change directory in the CMD prompt to ‘C:\Program Files\Snow Software\Inventory\Agent’
- Manually initiate a scan with ‘snowagent scan’
- Transmit the scan file to the snow server using ‘Snowagent send’
Check the C:\Program Files\Snow Software\Inventory\Agent\data folder for any .snowpack files - if the scan and send were successful no .snowpack files should be present.
In the event that .snowpack files remain, check the snowagent.log in the same folder for details of any error.
edit the following snowagent.config setting:
Set it to
Don’t forget to stop and start the agent. You could also set verbose