The following feature has been implemented in Snow Integration Manager 5.13:
Google Cloud Compute Engine Discovery
As organizations shift away from running virtual machines and workloads on local datacenters, migrating to flexible cloud-based services, the process of calculating license compliance and the ability to optimize software-related spend become more complex. Correct insight into what’s running in an IaaS environment is essential. This discovery feature provides overview and detailed information on the cloud servers running in your Google Cloud Compute Engine environment that have not been inventoried. The information gathered by this connector can be viewed in Snow License Manager reports.
The following enhancements have been implemented in Snow Integration Manager 5.13:
- To align with vendor naming, this connector has been renamed to Microsoft SCCM.
- BIOS serial number gathered from Snow License Manager is now mapped to the computer.serialnr parameter in BMC Remedyforce.
- The InstanceName field of the BMC_Person object is now mapped to <Username> data extracted from Snow License Manager.
- It is no longer necessary to enter a base URL during the login procedure for BMC Remedyforce, as this information is now automatically extracted from access tokens.
ServiceNow CMDB 3.3.x
- Custom fields created in Snow License Manager can now be extracted by the connector – requires Snow License Manger 8.3.1 or higher.
- Support for the upcoming release of Snow for ServiceNow, version 3.3 is included.
- New options have been added to the Options & Filters tab: Include Servers and Include NonServers.
- Additional data for software instances is now extracted from Snow License Manager, including: install date, date-and-time first and last used, run information, average usage time, usage in minutes, and users – requires Snow License Manger 8.3.6 or higher version of Snow License Manager 8, or Snow License Manager 9.0.1 or higher. NOTE: This enhancement is not supported by Snow License Manager 9.0.0.
The following corrections have been implemented in Snow Integration Manager 5.13:
Snow Integration Manager Core
- When configured to target a remote inventory server, discovery .snowpack files and data .inv files are now forwarded to the correct destination folders, ensuring that all inventory data is captured.
- On the Inventory file handling tab, the label Inventory Data Receiver has been changed to Inventory server/ Inventory Data Receiver to clarify that Snow Integration Manager supports remote inventory server with Snow Inventory Server 5 and higher, as well as Snow Inventory Data Receiver.
- Errors arising due to character case mismatches in environments with language set to anything other than English have been resolved through additional data normalization.
- To handle large environments: the token to BMC Remedyforce is now renewed to prevent loss of access during long runs; and error-handling has been added to the paging system.
- The WebEx connector now retrieves the date and time of a user's most recent activity correctly, and consequently correct usage data is now being collected.
- The consistent failing of Test Connection for Salesforce SalesCloud on first attempt, even when correct credentials are supplied, has been resolved.
Snow Integration Manager Service
- To align with product naming, SnowInventoryEDPService has been renamed to SnowIntegrationManager.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV)
- Changes have been made in the data model to avoid aggregation errors.
- Additional filtering has been added to the processing of the data retrieved by the connector to manage invalid cast exceptions.
Google Cloud CE Discovery requires Snow License Manager 9.0.0 or higher.
The ServiceNow CMDB 3.3 enhancement that supports extraction of custom fields created in Snow License Manager requires Snow License Manger 8.3.1 or higher.
The ServiceNow CMDB 3.3 enhancement that enables extraction of additional data for software instances from Snow License Manager requires Snow License Manger 8.3.6 or higher version of Snow License Manager 8. This enhancement is also supported by Snow License Manager 9.0.1 and higher. NOTE The ServiceNow CMDB 3.3 enhancement that enables extraction of additional data for software instances is not supported by Snow License Manager 9.0.0.