New SaaS Connectors
The following connector has been added to Snow Integration Manager 5.16:
This release of Snow Integration Manager introduces several new SaaS connectors. The information extracted by the connectors includes subscription information, user information, and application usage data. When viewed in Snow License Manager, this data provides SAM managers with the insight to optimize SaaS subscription spend; such as which users are assigned to a subscription, whether users have accessed the application(s) covered by the subscription, total monthly costs, and an overview of account activity as a percentage of the total number of subscriptions.
The new SaaS connectors included in this release are:
The following enhancements have been implemented in Snow Integration Manager 5.16:
VMWare Workspace ONE (Formerly known as Airwatch) – a new connector has been added to reflect the product name change by the vendor. This connector currently provides the same functionality as Airwatch, but all Workspace One users are advised to use the new connector.
VMWare vSphere - The connector can now be configured to collect basic inventory data for virtual machines. These virtual machines may now be viewed in the computers overview in Snow License Manager. Refer to the VMware vSphere Connector User Guide for information on how to configure this feature.
- Added mapping for manufacturer name and model on mobile devices
- Added the option to filter computer system components
- Added the option to gather computer status from Snow License Manager
Note: In this version the Remedyforce connector populates a custom field with the computer status from Snow License Manager. See user guide for details.
ServiceNow CMDB and Catalog:
- These connectors have been reworked to support future development.
- Added ability to collect more data from Snow License Manager improving the performance for customers using the following Snow License Manager versions:
- Snow License Manager 8.3.8 and higher
- Snow License Manager 9.2.0 and higher
Note to existing Service Now connector customers: For new version reconfiguration of the ServiceNow connector(s) will be required
AWS Discovery Connector – The connector has been reworked to provide a better user experience for larger EC2 environments. The connector now uses AWS Roles to streamline the configuration of the connector in large environments.
Note to existing AWS Discovery customers: For new version reconfiguration of the connector will be required for the new version.
The following corrections have been implemented in Snow Inventory Manager 5.16:
- BMC Discovery connector - Better recognition of Operating System Architecture (x64) (PRB0042006)
- iQuate iQSonar connector- Better recognition of Operating System Architecture (x64) (PRB0042006).
- Salesforce SalesCloud SaaS connector – Fixed an OutOfMemory Exception (PRB0042289).
- VMWare vSphere connector - Fixed issue where the connector did not collect all virtual machines of a host (PRB0042326).