This is the offical release announcement of Snow Inventory Agent for Unix version 5.0.4.
The agent can now connect correctly to Oracle 9i databases and the performance of the software scanner has been improved.
Product: Snow Inventory Agent for Unix
New version: 5.0.4
Release date: October 11, 2017
Distribution: MSI package and SUS
Current status: Pre-announcement
Enhancements in Snow Inventory Agent for Unix 5.0.4:
- The performance of the software scanner has been improved to lower the time needed by the agent.
- The request header sent to the server now includes the site name. This can in the future help the Inventory Server to block unwanted agents to send files.
- A new configuration setting <Environment><Ignore> can be used to exclude specified environment variables from the scan result.
- Additional logging on file system information during software scanning has been added.
- The Configname-attribute is now included in the Client-tag of the inventory file.
Corrections in Snow Inventory Agent for Unix 5.0.4:
- The agent can now connect correctly to Oracle 9i databases.
- The correct exit code is now returned.