This is the Official release announcement of Snow Inventory Agent for Windows version 5.2.2
Release informationProduct: Snow Inventory Agent for Windows
New version: 5.2.2
Release date: October 16, 2017
Distribution: MSI package and SUS
Current status: Officially Released
Enhancements in Snow Inventory Agent for Windows 5.2.2:
- The field IsVirtual has been added to the client tag in the inventory scan result. This field will be set to true if a hypervisor is detected on the scanned machine, and false otherwise.
- The field UTC-offset has also been added. It stores the time zone of the local computer enabling dates and times to be presented in any format.
- A newer version of the third-party CPUID component is included in the agent. This version has improved CPU detection for:
- Intel Kaby Lake processors
- AMD Embedded G and R-series processors
- AMD Bristol Ridge processors
- AMD Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 3 support
- DMP Vortex86 DX3
- AMD Threadripper
- Intel SKL-X.
- The setting hardware.scan.enable_cpuid has been added to disable use of the third-party component CPUID.
- For privacy reasons, the software metering data (temporarily stored by the agent) is now obfuscated.
- Drop location endpoints can now be configured without specifying the full URL. If it is missing, the suffix api/receiver/receive will be automatically appended to the URL of a drop location endpoint.
Corrections in Snow Inventory Agent for Windows 5.2.2:
- Command prompt windows popping up during login no longer occurs