This version introduce various enhancements and corrections, e.g. detection checks have been added for a number of Oracle options.
Product: Snow Inventory Oracle Scanner
New version: 5.0.1
Release date: November 2, 2017
Distribution: SUS and MSI package
Current status: Released
Enhancements in SIOS 5.0.1:
- Detection checks have been added for a number of Oracle options:
o Active Data Guard – Global Data Services
o Advanced Security – Data Redaction
o Advanced Compression – Heat Map
o Database Vault – Privilege Analysis
o Real Application Clusters (RAC) – Quality of Service Management
o RAC One Node – Quality of Service Management
o Partitioning – Zone Maps
- A new debug setting has been added to the configuration file. When enabled, this setting includes intermediary data gathered from the environment in the resulting snowpack, which can be used for diagnostics purposes.
- To improve troubleshooting, the log file now contains both the type and message of a thrown exception.
Corrections in SIOS 5.0.1:
- Oracle option names are now reported correctly (PRB0041107).
- Connection issues with Oracle 9i databases have been resolved by encapsulating logon credentials using quotation marks (PRB0040121).
- Minor corrections have been made to the scripts used to query the Oracle database.