Support for additional types of inventory information
Inventory Server 6.0.0 has been prepared to support the extraction of additional types of inventory data to be included in a scan. In this release, support has been added for Snow Oracle Middleware Scanner – a component that will be released later this year. Details of the data extracted will be shared in the release notes for Snow Oracle Middleware Scanner.
- To ensure that the Windows agent can determine when to trigger a scan, the agent stores the time for next scan on the local machine. If the agent is started and the stored time has passed, a scan is carried out immediately.
- A newer version of the third-party CPUID component has been included, which has improved CPU detection for:
o AMD desktop Raven Ridge APU (AM4)
o Intel Coffee Lake processors and Z370 platform
o Intel Skylake-X HCC processors
o Intel Xeon Skylake-SP and Xeon/W Skylake processors
o Intel Xeon Phi Knight Landing
- The agent can now be updated to a newer version directly from Inventory Server – even if it is not installed in the default location.
- Improved memory allocation reduces the memory usage of the agent.
- The following file attributes are now included in the scan result: product_name, product_version, original_filename and file_description.
- The setting to enable scanning on all local disks (<LocalDisk>) has been deprecated. We have added a new setting, Software-Include, which will function together with the existing Software-Exclude configuration settings. If Software-Include paths are present in the agent configuration file, the agent will scan the specified paths. If Software-Include paths are not set, the agent will scan all local disks. If Software-Exclude paths are included, these spaces will not be included in the scan.
- Physical memory slot information is now gathered correctly.
- The Snow Inventory Oracle Scanner (SIOS) now runs correctly even if the inventory agent is running from a different working directory. The SIOS executable, however, needs to be placed in the same folder as the agent.
- Lingering application metering data for applications that have been removed no longer causes software rows to be created for the removed application.
Release Notes SIM 5.10