Product: Snow Inventory Agent for Linux
New version: 6.0.0
Release date: October 23, 2018
Distribution: SUS and MSI package
Current status: Released
The following feature has been implemented in Snow Inventory Agent for Linux version 6.0.0:
Support for additional types of inventory information
Snow Inventory Agent for Linux 6.0.0 has been prepared to support the extraction of additional types of inventory data to be included in a scan. In this release, support has been added for Snow Oracle Middleware Scanner – a component that will be released later this year. Details of the data extracted will be shared in the release notes for Snow Oracle Middleware Scanner.
The following enhancements have been implemented in Snow Inventory Agent for Linux version 6.0.0:
- To ease troubleshooting, the agent now logs the full pathnames of the locations it scans.
- OpenSSL library has been updated from version 1.0.2 to 1.0.2n.
- cURL library has been updated from version 7.40 to 7.58.0.
- Zlib library has been updated from version 1.2.08 to 1.2.11.
The following corrections have been implemented in Snow Inventory Agent for Linux version 6.0.0:
- Invalid (non UTF-8) characters are no longer included in inventory scan files (snowpack) but are now replaced with the valid � character.
- The Snow Inventory Oracle Scanner (SIOS) now executes correctly even if the inventory agent is run from a different working directory. The SIOS executable must, however, be placed in the same location as the agent (PRB0041359).
- Instead of returning a count of 1, the agent now calculates the correct CPU count for virtualized environments containing multiple Linux virtual servers with identical physical IDs. (PRB0041430)
- Amazon Linux AMI versions 2016.03 and 2014.3 are now recognized by the agent. (PRB0041486)
- The Model and Manufacturer data are now stored correctly for Parallels desktop environments.