The following enhancements have been implemented in Snow Inventory Oracle Scanner version 6.0.1:
- Data about Oracle databases is now extracted from the Oracle environment even if it is not possible to run the inventory scan on an instance, or if the scan fails.
- Discovery of the ORACLE_HOME for running Oracle Database instances has been enhanced to avoid manual configuration of an oratab file or the ORACLE_HOME variable for each database instance.
- Oracle user credentials are no longer passed to sqlplus on the command line.
- Initial checks are now carried out on a server to determine if Oracle databases are present. If not, no scanning takes place, improving the response time for Windows environments.
- Logging for configuration issues has been improved.
The following corrections have been implemented in Snow Inventory Oracle Scanner version 6.0.1:
- Detection of the Locator feature and Spatial and Graph options are now clearly separated to avoid erroneous detection of these options.
- Error handling for NullPointerException when aggregating Options has been improved so that inventory of Oracle databases is no longer incomplete.
- Multiple item entries are no longer reported for a database if the scan of another database generates errors.
- Debug mode no longer generates corrupted .snowpack files