In Snow Management And Configuration Console (SMACC) there's a specific section dedicated to the yet unrecognized software. If you have that software installed on one or more computers in your company, you can help us to add the full definition to the list. To do so, it's quite easy and some steps can really help you to provide us complete and relevant data.
- Download the SRS Request Template from this link: SRS Template v4.2
- Fill all the mandatory columns with a special attention to:
- Official Product Name*
- Official Manufacturer*
- Official Version*
- Full Installation Path Including Main Executable*
- Save the file in XLS format and send it to our Support Team
What if you miss some of this information?
To provide the best definitions, that can be valid for each of our customers, we need to be sure that all the necessary data is included in the most precise way. There's a simple trick to collect this data directly from your SMACC with a report.
Note: Please be sure to have ready the name of the computer/s that have that application already installed and that a Snow agent has already performed an inventory scan.
These steps will help you to collect the missing fields:
- Open SMACC and select "Inventory Admin Console"
- Open "Devices"
- Click on the "Add View" field (available at the top, which is used to create the report)
- Name the report as you prefer
- In the next step, select the required fields:
- Device \ Computer name
- Software \ Software name
- Software \ SW Manufacturer
- Software \ Software version
- Software \ SW path name
- Next, filter the report for the computer you are looking for with the installed application
- Select the Device \ Computer name field
- Specify "EQUALS" as the condition
- And specify the name of the computer
- Click "Save" so that the report view is created and is now available in SMACC
Once you run this report on the relevant computer, you'll be able to find all the necessary fields that were required in the SRS Request Template. A copy/paste will be enough to fill all the columns and then proceed to the submission to our Support team.