To create an administrative user for a domain in a SDM system you need to use the tool domain admin and a user with domain admin rights on the domain for which you
are to create the new user.
- Check if the customer is hosted or on-premise
- Verify that you have the domain name for the customer
- Verify that you have full name and e-mail address and what roles they want the new user is to have, if not ask the customer for this information. If customer does ask for a specific username we recommend using adm_xxxxx where xxxx is the users first name.
- Start Domain admin and choose the users tab
- Right click on administrators and choose create user
- Fill in username, first name, last name and e-mail address. Do not set a password unless asked for by the customer. It not set it is generated by the system.
- Choose what Roles the user is to have based on the information from the customer (Manager and Domain admin are the two standard options but not all user are to have domain admin so do not give domain admin unless the customer asks for this). If the user have a non-standard role they want to be used choose that in the Roles field and add by clicking on the left facing arrow.
- Verify that "Send registration mail" is checked and click apply
The user is not created and have received information on the e-mail address assigned to the user.