Discussions are used in the community to start conversations and get subjective feedback. Discussions will not have a specific reply that will be able to be marked correct. A classic example of a discussion is “what is your favorite color” where everyone’s response will have equal weight.
To start a discussion:
- Click Create > Discussion, or if you are already in a group, space, or project, click Create a Discussion from the Actions menu on the right.
- Enter a title for your discussion in the field at the top.
- Write your discussion in the content field. You can format your text however you’d like, insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, or tables.
- Spellcheck your discussion or view your content in HTML by clicking the icons in the upper right corner of the content field.
- Optionally attach files to your discussion for supporting information by clicking the Attach icon in the bottom right of the editor.
- Choose where the discussion will be posted. If this option is already populated you can change it if needed. All content can be posted in a place, to specific people or as a public piece of content in the community.
- Add relevant tags to the Tags field so your discussion is easily searchable.
- Click the Post button to post your discussion.