You can create new documents from scratch in the community. These documents are called collaborative documents. They are created, edited and live directly in the community.
To create a new collaborative document (if available):
- Click Create > Document.
- Enter a title for your document in the field at the top.
- Enter content into the content field. You can format your text however you’d like, or insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, and tables.
- Spellcheck your document or view your content in HTML by clicking the icons in the upper right corner of the content field.
- Optionally attach supporting files to your document by clicking the attach icon in the bottom right corner of the editor.
- Choose a place to post your document. Documents can be posted in places, as personal documents open only to you or to a set of people and to the community.
- Add relevant tags to your document so it is easily searchable. You can choose from a list of popular tags or write your own.
- Should you want to control accessibility, click on Advanced Options. If you choose to not modify any advanced options the defaults will be used.
- Restrict Authors - select if you wish to control the user(s) that can edit your document besides yourself. Default: all users with edit document rights can edit the document.
- Require Approval before Publication – this option allows you to choose user(s) to approve the document before it’s published. Choosing multiple people requires all to approve before publish. Default: no approval is needed.
- Restrict Comments – turns off the ability to comment on the document. Default: any user with ability to contribute to documents can comment.
- You can either save your document as a draft and edit it later or choose to publish the document.