The event content type enables users to create events within the community that can other users can RSVP to attend. These events, while local to the community, have the option to download a .ICS file that will enable users to drop the event on to more common calendar programs.
Create a new event (if available):
- Click Create > Event from the top navigation or if you’re on a space, group or project select Event from the actions menu
Optional: Add an event banner image to give your event a little flair
- Enter the title of your event
- Enter the start and end dates/time for your event, paying special attention to the time zone (you can change your time zone in your preferences)
- Enter the location of the event. If located at a physical place you can expand this section to include the address information
- Describe your event to give more details to possible attendees
- Select the event type. This list has a default but can be modified by the community managers.
- Choose the correct event visibility and attendance policy.
- Open – any user who can see the event will be able to RSVP to the event
- Closed – any user who can see the event will see it, but only invited members can RSVP or see the event details
- Private – invite only event
- Set an optional attendee limit – this will help control large web-based events or events with limited seating venues
- Choose where you wish to post the event. Each space, group and project with events enabled will have a specific calendar and events browse for that place. Each user will have a calendar that will show them all events they are allowed to see.
- Enter any tags that will make finding your event by search more powerful
- In the advanced options choose if you wish to have co-hosts for your event or if you will be the only host
- Click the create event button to publish your event to the community