Advocate of the Month - March 2018

Document created by Dennis.Smith Employee on Mar 2, 2018
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

alan.witt, Carnival plc
Advocate of the month - March 2018
Advocate Level: Snow Hero

I work as Software Asset Manager for Carnival plc – which is the company behind P&O and Cunard Cruises. Uniquely we have a lot of datacenter licensing – 11 at sea (a datacenter per ship), and one on dry land – overall, I manage 4500 users and devices worldwide.

I’ve been in IT for most of my working life, started out as an infrastructure technician, but for the past three years I’ve been working at Carnival as a SAM manager. In that time I've used Snow to highlight and deliver savings on non-production licensing - implementing MSDN - and on optimising maintenance renewals.

Snow was already deployed here before I moved into the role, the main reason behind having Snow’s SAM platform is the flexibility to handle our unique licensing requirements. Flexible inventory tools are also important because we work over very slow and intermittent satellite links.

Outside of work my personal interests revolve around my family, I love to build bikes with my son and ride them in the New Forest (a UK national park) close to where I live.

4 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes