AnsweredAssumed Answered

Some Snow PC agents is not communicating  with the Snow License Manager SMCC console.

Question asked by Kenknuds on Jan 27, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2019 by geoffrey.macquet

Some Snow PC agents is not communicating  with the Snow License Manager SMCC console.

Hello.

My name is Kenneth Knudsen, and I am a technical person who manages our Snow license server at Bergen municipality as geographically located in the western part of Norway.

We have discovered that the snow agent on 977 municipality PC´s has not communicated with Snow license server since 31.10.2018 and these PC´s are in the Snow quarantine system folder.

The rest of the municipality PC´s  are communicating normally with the Snow license server.

And we are talking about several thousand PC´s.

Troubleshooting so far:

1. OK checked that the Snow Agent answers the URL http: // snowreceiver: 8080

2. Ok cheched in a windows cmd : telnet snowreceiver 8080 - OK connecting

3. Tested the snow agent which communicated  with no sucesss at a PC in the Snow quarantine system folder:

C:\Program Files\Snow Software\Inventory\Agent>snowagent send
2019-01-23T15:44:42+01:00; ERROR;               snowagent; command_line\commandlinerunner.cpp; Client::CommandLineRunner::Run; Fatal error: Cannot create lockfile handle (insufficent file access privileges?).
C:\Program Files\Snow Software\Inventory\Agent>
4. NB! None of the working users at the 977 municipality PC´s have local admin permissions at their PC.
This is caused by Bergen municipality security rules
5. Is this a known issue in this Snow forum?
If yes: send me technical suggestions for solution as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Kenneth Knudsen

Server og Applikasjonsdrift, Enhet for digitale driftstjenester

Mobil 40803386

Bergen Kommune

Postboks 7700, 5020 Bergen

Besøksadresse:  Spelhaugen 22, 5147 Fyllingsdalen

Outcomes