AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the official number we provide to Microsoft for an audit of MS Windows OSs?

Question asked by Vivianne on Jan 30, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2019 by Vivianne

I am reviewing the Microsoft Compliance report by family and focusing specifically on Windows servers.. As I look at the compliance numbers for each of the different versions of OSs, I see some have overages in that column, and some have shortages, however, according to the Total Sum under the compliance column, I have 10 extra licenses. At this point, I don't have a real number to rely on for license count so I can't say whether this is valid or not yet, but my question is for a Microsoft audit, which number matters the most? The total sum for the Compliance column where SNOW shows a surplus, or are we really non compliant overall for certain versions of OSs. 

I thought SNOW was able to take all of our licenses/agreements for Microsoft (which were imported by SNOW for us), and be able to assign the licenses in the most effective way possible, and that is what I attempted to do when assigning the licenses. 

What can I officially provide to Microsoft auditing as a number for compliance of my OSs.. Can I use that Compliance column Total Sum?

Thank you Kindly

Vivianne

Outcomes