Today I tried to configure the MS O365 connector in SIM 5.3 and for this I downloaded the sim53_userguide.pdf.
3.3.18 MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
The MS Office 365 connector uses an API connection.
- In the Snow License Manager Configuration section and in the API Endpoint box, type the URL to the Snow License Manager (SLM) Web API.
Page 33 of 48 SNOWSOFTWARE.COM
- In the Port box, type the port of the SLM Web API.
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type credentials for a user account with access to the SLM Web API.
- Click Get customer. The Customer box is populated with the current SLM customer.
- In the Office 365 Configuration section and in the User Name and Password boxes, type user credentials for a user with administrative privileges in Office 365.
- To verify the connection, click Test connection.
- To include information on last logon time for Skype for Business and/or Exchange Online, click the check boxes.
When information on last logon time is gathered for Exchange Online, data aggregation might be slow.
I have a question about item 5.: it states “type user credentials for a user with administrative privileges in Office 365” . But if I do not use the AP connection with the O386 connector why should I need administrative privileges? The O365 portal admin of us will not provide me such an account with that privileges that easy… and I do understand why. If the user account needed cannot do with less privileges then I would like to know what kind of actions will be taken via this account? Since this question will be asked by the O365 portal admin too. I assume only queries and no inserts e.g.?
Can someone provide me some help on this?