AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple computer records with identical details

Question asked by Vikki on Feb 12, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2019 by HalmRi

Hi

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I have numerous records for the same computer in Snow. All entries have the same computer name, BIOS serial number, model, everything is the same. The only thing that differs for some entries is the operating system - but not all - 4 x win 7 and 3 x win 10.

From what I've managed to find on this thread is that you need to have changed two of the below list for it to create a new record. (https://community.snowsoftware.com/message/1585-re-computer-quarantaine?commentID=1585#comment-1585 )

1. The agent's "site ID" field
  2. The System Name
  3. A hash of the System BIOS Serial Number and BIOS Manifacture Name
  4. and OS UID (typically called the OS SID)

I'm stuck with trying to figure out why there are multiple records. Does just re-imaging with a different operating system and keeping the computer name and everything else the same cause a new record to be created? Surely that should just update the current record?

If this is the case, then I still have 3 of records that have the last scanned date only a few weeks apart and have the same operating system license key/serial number. So I can't see any difference at all with these as to why there are separate records. 

Thanks is advance

Vikki

Outcomes