AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installed vs Not Installed

Question asked by Mark.Walther Advocate on May 23, 2019
Latest reply on May 23, 2019 by Samuel

I just found out that applications that were removed/uninstalled will still show up in "Applications by Computer" reports. I was told by support that those apps are color coded in the SLM, indicating such, but it does not indicate that in the reports. It was suggested I add the column "Installed", which shows a Yes or No for whether that application in currently installed.

The reason they still show up in the reports is that they show usage. That makes sense, but is that really needed; something that was removed, do we still need to know its usage? 

Question is, has anyone else seen this and see it as a false positive? And has anyone found a work around? I can see if we are not aware of it that it could cause issue from a reporting point of view.

I have over 20 scheduled reports for various applications going to server and support teams that manage specific applications, like Engineering App, etc. 

Is there a report that only lists currently "installed" applications? Other enhancement that helps us in this case?

Any thoughts or insights as welcomed. Inquiring minds want to know. 

Thanks, 

Outcomes