AnsweredAssumed Answered

Latest SIM and 365 Permission errors

Question asked by ken.staude Advocate on Jun 25, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2019 by ken.staude

Hi everyone, wanted to ask here first while opening a ticket as well to see if there was a quick documented way for setting up permissions for 365. Each customer seems to want to do the permissions slightly different and the current SIM/365 Guide hasn't been updated or granular enough to always get the desired outcome. 

I've seen a few posts on here with the 365 connection, but seems the most common is around permissions. Here is the error I'm seeing for Skype and Exchange Online user activities.

ERROR SnowSoftware.ExternalDataProvider.Providers.Office365.O365Import [(null)] [(null)] - An error occurred while fetching Skype user activities.
System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): {
"error": {
"code": "S2SUnauthorized",
"message": "Invalid scope claims/roles.",
"innerError": {
"request-id": "38105b96-64e8-4d5f-ae26-648227dec4ba",
"date": "2019-06-25T20:01:02"

Looks at my own 365 instance and searching for this error I know it has to do with permissions somewhere under the Graph API. I've done this a few different times over the last few years, but know MS has also changed some of the locations of the permissions. We do have the Exchange "View Org" set, we have the "Reports.Read.All" set and granted by admin, and Skype admin just in case. 

Any other screenshots or tips folks could add in?

Outcomes