AnsweredAssumed Answered

Microsoft Core CAL suite recognition

Question asked by ChaosWrangler on Sep 5, 2019

In 2017 our entitlements were loaded for us, with the Windows Server CAL loaded in place of the Core CAL Suite. I thought it was because there was no recognition at the time for the majority of the suite elements but there was recognition of sorts, for the WinSvr CAL. I see there is a ruleset with 4 mandatory requirements

I checked to see why I don't have unlicensed 'installs' of the suite and what we have is usually a different version [2016 instead of 2012] or a slight variation [Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 [no USL]] of the mandatories.

The Windows Server User CAL records [2008, 2012, 2016] don't have any rulesets assigned to them so not sure how 2008 can be mandatory?

We have SCCM 2012 client ML and a few 2007 but not the 2007 R3, which also has no ruleset to it.

No ruleset to Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 USL either.

It's almost like these were intentionally selected to avoid recognition for the suite.

Has anyone recently researched how to set this suite up, or worked with Snow Support or the licensing SMEs there to know if I continue with the breakout to the individual products? Or is there another option.

Thanks.

Outcomes