AnsweredAssumed Answered

.INV files hanging SNOW Inventory Server

Question asked by Mark.Walther Advocate on Nov 8, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 11, 2019 by Samuel

Has anyone had a problem with some .INV files (from connectors) hanging their SNOW Inventory Server? It is not all .INV files, just varies. These are in the Processing folder. 

The RAM first starts to creep up to 100% then the CPU. I have to stop the SNOW Inventory Server service in order to move the locked .INV files to a temp folder. RAM and proc goes back down after the offending file is moved out of the processing folder. When the server is in this state it will not process even SNOWPACK files. 

After I move all the .INV files from the processing folder and restart the service it processes the SNOWPACK files just fine. Then I start putting 2-10 .INV files in the processing folder from the temp folder until it hits one that causes it to happen again. 

I have manually aggregated each of the connectors that product .INV file one at a time, watched the INV files show up in the processing folder and get processed. But when they do it on their schedule I get hang. 

I have a ticket open with SNOW support. Just wondering if anyone has seen this? And has a fix. 

Thanks,

Outcomes