I want to product some intelligence for Decision Makers at renewal time. Doing as little work as possible I want to be able to use the data and screenshots from Snow to support their decisions.
Currently, I use 4 data sets to build a picture
- Upcoming Renewal Report (using standard reports with additional columns)
- Available License Report (using standard reports that shows Total Lic; Coverage; Lic Req; Compliance; Unused)
- Usage Report (using standard reports that shows App; App Family; Metric; Last Used; Run; Lic Required; Installed)
- Application Family View (I take a screenshot)
- Graph - useful to have a graphic with versions in the environment
- Total license cost - *i don't find useful and nor do my clients. Total shows them "Total license purchase + Total maintenance cost + Total support cost" for all periods. So it is an ever-increasing number over the years that do not allow them to get a grip close to the individual license cost.
Do others think it would be more useful to understand the Average cost of the license so that as a Decision Maker gets more of a feel for the application and its cost?
Keen to hear arguments either way.
p.s I tried to create a Poll but was not able to add a Location so would not let me save. stink.