Mikko.Summala

Autodesk on-boarding and best practice

Discussion created by Mikko.Summala on Oct 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2018 by McCormick

We are creating best practice on how to on-board Autodesk on to Snow License Manager. This includes a generic work flow, a quick overview of Autodesk licensing rules, recommendations and considerations for naming conventions, instructions on how to prepare the Autodesk Entitlement data for both the agreement and license upload, check-lists and basic reporting.

Whilst already working with a dozen large Snow clients with Autodesk licenses I would like to share some of the work-in-progress documentation and discuss with a few active Snow users to make it relevant and also gain points that I might have missed elsewhere. Please do contact me here or directly via email mikko.summala@snowsoftware.com

Draft contents of the Best practice document are here - I would very much like feedback from users on what you think should be included and covered in it.

Draft contents for "On-Boarding Autodesk estate on Snow SLM8" - now open for comments and content review

I will write a series of shorter articles or post on individual topics before compiling them in a larger full best practice documents. You can read them here:

1. Autodesk licensing - current models 
  2. Autodesk Agreements Best Practice 
  3. Multiple simultaneous AutoCAD versions 
  4. Concurrent period setting for Autodesk licenses 
  5. Top 10 Autodesk Compliance errors 
  6. Why does my Autodesk Compliance report NOT look like I expect it should? 

Additional Autodesk related resources are here:

I will be moving onto ventures new outside of the wonderful world of IT, SAM, Licensing, Autodesk and Snow at the beginning of 2018. If you'd like to stay in touch you can either find me on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/mikkosummala/ or email me at mikko@summala.com

Best regards

Mikko

Outcomes