AnsweredAssumed Answered

Requesting Computer Name

Question asked by JYARBROUGH Advocate on Nov 29, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 by JYARBROUGH

Hello.

I have a rather complicated issue and question but everyone was so helpful with my last question I'm hopeful. My companies Active Directory tree is sort of a mess some of it caused by design and other by acquisition. We have multiple trees joined by trusts and a few trees with little or no connection as they are isolated secure environments. We originally tried to use the Reverse DNS look up to find the Requesting Computer Name but quickly realized that when requesting for machines in other AD trees the reverse DNS would not work. We are able to deploy software to the other environments by utilizing SCCM connection to those trees. We had Snow create a Powershell Web Service to query SLM for the computer names associated with the users as we have Gateway servers placed in the other AD environments feeding discovery information to SLM. The Powershell works fairly well but it requires that the end user know the domain they are requesting the software in. This is not the ideal state but really causes issues for the Apple machines as they appear as if they are local accounts in SLM so the user would have to populate the machine name\userid. I would like to resolve this issue and make the user experience better for the non Apple users by figuring out away to not require the domain. Is there away to use a wildcard in the API call (Ex: %\userid).

Below is the Powershell were using. 

Thanks!!!

Jerry

function SLM_Computers
{
param($slmuser)

$apiAccountName = Get-APSetting "SLMApiAccountName"
$SLMServerName = Get-APSetting "SLMServerName"
$SLMCustomerId = Get-APSetting "CustomerId"

$apiUserAccount = Get-ServiceAccount -Name "$apiAccountName" -Scope 1
$securePassword = ConvertTo-SecureString $($apiUserAccount.Password) -AsPlainText -Force
$credential = New-Object Management.Automation.PSCredential ($($apiUserAccount.AccountName), $securePassword)
$user = "***"
$version = 8
$secpasswd = ConvertTo-SecureString “***” -AsPlainText -Force
$customer = "1"
$SLMServerName = "****"
$credential = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ($user, $secpasswd)
#$username = "centene\jyarbrough"
#$slmuser= $username

function GetAPIFilterUri {

Param([string]$username)

return "http://" + $SLMServerName + "/api/customers/1/users/?`$filter=Username%20eq%20%27"+ $username + "%27&`$top=1&`$format=json"
}

function GetUserByUserNameWithFilter{
Param([string]$username)

$body = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri (GetAPIFilterUri -username $username) -Method Get -Credential $credential

$u = $body.Body

return $u.Body
}

function GetUserByUserName{
Param([string]$username)

$body = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $slmhost -Method Get -Credential $credential

$u = $body.Body | ? {$_.Body.Username -like "*$username*"}

return $u.Body
}

function GetUserByUserNameLinkComputers {
Param([string]$userid)

$url = "http://" + $SLMServerName + "/api/customers/1/users/" + $userid + "/?`$format=json"

$body = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $url -Method Get -Credential $credential

return ($body.Links | ? {$_.Rel -like "*Computers*"})
}

$un = "$slmuser"

$user = GetUserByUserNameWithFilter -username $un

$usercomplinks = GetUserByUserNameLinkComputers -userid $user[0].Id.ToString()

function GetComputersFromUserLink{
Param([string]$compurl)

$body = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $compurl -Method Get -Credential $credential

return $body.Body
}
function GetListOfComputerNamesFromUserUrl {
Param([string]$url)

$complist = @()

$comps = GetComputersFromUserLink -compurl $usercomplinks.Href

$justcomps = $comps| ? {$_.Body.OperatingSystem -notlike "*server*"}

#echo $justcomps.Body

ForEach($comp in $justcomps) {