AnsweredAssumed Answered

IDX endpoint

Question asked by DavidHobbs on Dec 29, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2018 by martijn.van.grootel

I was reading this document: How to troubleshoot Webapp Monitoring. Which suggests that we should be able to check the IDX endpoint URL from a users PC, where the URL is our inventory server plus "/v1/Inventory.ashx".

However, when I try that, it just gives a 404 (we know that in our case the inventory server is on http port 80). The URL works perfectly without the "/v1/Inventory.ashx" suffix, so I'm confident that the URL is correct. We have Snow Inventory 5.2.02.

I have double-checked by looking at Web application metering configuration and also Snow Inventory Agent - Version 5 Detailed Configuration Settings Explained. Both seem to indicate that the agents IDX endpoint should point to an Inventory.ashx handler on the Inventory server.

Has anybody else found the same? The strange thing is that our webapps.config files are being updated for Windows Agents, so I am not actually sure what the IDX endpoint would be used for.  I am wondering if the IDX endpoint is actually redundant?

(Our Inventory Server also has an IDX endpoint configured in snowserver.config under the SnowLicenseManagerConfigurarionUri property which seems to be working fine.)

Outcomes