AnsweredAssumed Answered

Whitelisting Error

Question asked by DGylden on Jan 10, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2018 by DGylden

Hi

Any restrictions you've come across on Whitelitening of software, our is extensive i know but we've reached some kind of barrier as it times out every time we try to add a new.

Situation: we've have a shitload of software registered in Snow and before consolidating this we need to know what is White, grey, and black listed software. For our part Black is fairly simple and got that in control but the rest is divided into Whitelisted and Greylisted (neither white or black) but we've somehow reached a limit to how many softwares that can be whitelisted in a system (18.000+ clients) and we have registered 128 whitelisted vendors in snow which makes 5000+ applcations as whitelisted. When we click "add criteria" we can put in what we want but when we click Save it, after a while (3-5 min) it will go into "Page error" with this Log Error message" 10:25:33,375 ApplicationWhiteListApiControllerAPI                 Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

I can see it's a time out, but how do i change that to work?

/Dennis 

Outcomes