Managing the company information with Salesforce provides the ultimate support. Salesforce provides the website visitors, clients, managers, and service agents the required platform that acts according to their needs. Creating and managing the company information and sharing them securely using the Salesforce is much easier when compared to other customer relationship managing (CRM) systems. Implementation of Salesforce lets you have point-and-click options; also it allows you code the required enhancements, leading to happier customers, and more productive working agents.
Why is Salesforce important?
Salesforce has evolved to be an important tool for organizations to operate their businesses effectively.
Salesforce has etched its name in the history through its CRM capabilities.
Statistics show that more than 2,00,000 organizations depend on Salesforce platform for their business functions.
In digital marketing Salesforce has acquired its big space with the sales cloud, turning Salesforce into a major CRM player in the industry.
There are innumerable capabilities of the Salesforce platform and a vast area where Salesforce can prove to be useful in the business.
The main actors who mold the Salesforce in a way that leads to customer satisfaction are mainly Salesforce developers and Salesforce administrators. Salesforce Administrator and Salesforce Developer have unique tasks to perform and both the professions are in high demand in the IT industry.
Let us now take a deeper look into the key responsibilities of a Salesforce Administrator and a Salesforce developer.
Who are Salesforce developers?
Salesforce developer is the person who has an in-depth understanding of Salesforce and its opportunities. This field is for minds good at coding. The developer can a create cloud-based application with the help of force.com platform.
The role of a developer begins as soon as a project is accepted. Some major roles are Requirement analysis:
- Customer Requirements: Customers have specific needs and requirements. The sale force developer is expected liaise directly with the customers to understand the requirements prior to the start of actual coding works. The functional, technical and business requirements collected by the developers.
- The Salesforce developer is expected to come up with effective project execution techniques.
- The developer performs the analytic and coordinates with other developers to design and code the system
- The Salesforce developer is responsible for controlling the adaptability of all the APIs and their integration.
- The developer is expected to prepare test data , plan and conduct module testing.
- Salesforce developer checks the processes and makes sure the communications within the CRM systems are working efficiently.
- Salesforce developer is required to design new Salesforce solutions as and when needed.
- Continuous monitoring of the developed software performance is done by Salesforce developers.
- Salesforce developers test the software before delivering it to the users.
- As technology evolves, the Salesforce developer is expected to update programs as per user needs.
- Developing the code should be in accordance with the specifications and standards of development
- In order to maintain hassle free functioning of the platform, constant bug fixing is carried out by the Salesforce developers.
- The developers proving ample support for quality assurance and defect resolution.
- Ongoing documentation throughout the development also forms a major role of the Salesforce Developer.
- Salesforce developers are expected to keep a constant check on the system developed and user satisfaction. It can be executed with the help of architects, system analysts, business analysts, project managers, quality control, etc.
Who are Salesforce Administrators?
The Salesforce administrators are resources with excellent technical and communication skills. They work as dedicated part of the team, ensuring the efficiency. The Salesforce administrator capitalizes on the full features and benefits of the system based on the needs of various user groups. They coordinate directly with internal and external parties to understand the needs in order to administer and enhance the project accordingly.
The administrator serves as the helpdesk for users as they collect the required changes and promotes adoption. The Salesforce admin provides a stage for the Salesforce developers to communicate so that they are prepared for any customer interaction/support issues that occur at any stage. The admin keeps monitoring the on new releases and provides training etc.
Additionally, the Administrator is the one who performs basic updates, likes addition or deletion of delete users, adding basic custom fields etc. Let us see the major roles of Salesforce administrator at different phases:
Phase 1 – Creating and manage the changes occurring to the system
- The Salesforce administrator seeks out and identifies the required system changes.
- The administrator gathers the feedback from the users and effectively manages system changes without interruption to the user.
- The Salesforce administrator gathers the requirements from end users and proactively communicates system changes to the consumers in advance, in order to make them understand the change and the usage techniques prior to its implementation.
- The Salesforce administrator manages the change control process, modifies the system that impacts the Salesforce, in order to increase the system benefits and usability.
- Manage new releases and efficiently rolls out new features.
- The Salesforce administrator is in charge of creating and maintaining fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other Salesforce objects and functions as and when required.
- The admin customizes objects, handles alteration, builds an environment that enhances and creates workflows, functions, and configurations within the Salesforce.
Phase 2 - Maintaining system security and integrity –
- The Salesforce administrator maps Salesforce hierarchy and territories in response to personnel changes.
- Reassigning of accounts, contacts, and opportunities in order to personnel changes is carried out by administrators.
- In order to maintain security sharing the Salesforce administrator grants, removes and maintains user licenses.
- The admin designs, monitors, the application storage usage and archive data when required
Phase 3- Creating and maintaining user roles, profiles, and hierarchies.
- The Salesforce administrator provides user assistance, Training to users, adoption and ensures satisfaction
- The admin assists sales management to create processes to monitor activities and keep updated with the trends, sales, and leads.
- The Salesforce administrator communicates and assists with the user regularly regarding new features, enhancements, and changes to the system.
Phase 4- Documentation, process creation, and Maintenance –
- The Salesforce administrator documents the company processes and workflows.
- The Salesforce administrator is responsible for the development process documentation and field maps.
Phase 5- Maintenance, Data Quality, and Migration -
- The Salesforce admin assist the migration, creates new processes and associated reporting
- The admin is responsible for monitoring and merging the neglected leads, duplicate records opportunities, accounts, and contacts as and when needed.
- The administrator checks unnecessary fields and data, ensures the proper naming of screens, fields, and workflow.
Phase 6- Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance –
- The Salesforce administrator is responsible for creating and maintaining reports, folders, and dashboards.
- Development of complex and macro driven reports in order to summarize system information for higher authorities is categorized by the administrator.
- The sales force administrator builds and manages report folder, provides sales and financial data for executives to increase the sales efficiency.
The Salesforce team, comprising of administrators and the developers works in coordination to complete a project successfully. The above-mentioned roles and responsibilities of Salesforce administrators and developers are some among the many. Based on one’s skills and vision a lot of enhancements can be brought into the roles in order to harness new technologies.