When checking out a service I am looking to add an extra field for the user to input their cost centre. Can anyone assist me on how to get around this issue?
A very quick and unpolished step by step:
1. Go to the template under Service Admin, and expand the workflow "Install software".
2. Find the approval activity that "needs" the information. FYI: for checkout we could use any activity to carry the parameter, and if needed even add a parameter to the activity for this purpose. In the example we're using existing parameters in the approval activity.
3. Find the unused parameter (i.e. Input2) and configure it as needed. In the example we're setting it to be required, and giving it a better displayname for the intended purpose.
4. Then make it visible on the Checkout and My Tasks view. FYI: if you don't need it to be visible on the My Tasks view just skip checking that box
5. optional step - add the cost centre to an email.
Update the mailbody and use a reference to the parameter you used (i.e. Input2) to get the data.
Hope this helps!
I just completed the steps you provided and everything has worked. Perfect - Thank you for your help
Retrieving data ...