AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best practice: eMail communication & group mailbox

Question asked by wommers on Jun 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 by tomas.svee

Hi,

We have already implemented several workflows with the help of the SAM Automationbook. Usually, however, only a few employees were contacted via e-mail.

A customer has the requirement that the individual users are no longer informed, only the group mailbox - but at the same time all users of the group mailbox should see the request in the portal.

I have already gained the following options:

1. Creating a special AD user with the group mailbox address and assign only this account as Owners_Primary. Only the mailbox will receive an email. But now all employees need to know the account password and must interact as this user, which is not complianct
  2. Creating a special AD user with the group mailbox address and assign only this account as Owners_Primary. Assign the AD group containing all relevant users as Owners_Secondary.
    This solution is okay, because only the special AD users receives an eMail and all others users can see the request in the portal without an email notification.
  3. Leave the Owners_Primary empty and add the AD group containing all relevant users as Owners_Secondary. Create another eMail only activity to inform the group mailbox.
    This solution didn't work, because the workflow activity needs an Owners_Primary object

As you can see, option 2 is the best solution. I only see one "problem" here: IT has to create an additional AD user for each group mailbox, which isn't always possible. I would prefer a solution without the additional AD user

In what way have you implemented such a requirement in customer projects? I look forward to your suggestions

Outcomes