AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trouble send emails to AD Group as Owners_Primary

Question asked by dnnsrnhrdt on Jul 28, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 by dnnsrnhrdt

Hello everybody,

I'm a little at a loss right now. In a customer environment I implemented a workflow which has an AD group as "Owners_Primary". I know that this function is supported by AP and I have already used it successfully in our test environment.

In the customer environment, 2 users were initially assigned to the AD group. If AP now runs through the step with the AD group, the following error appears:

Failed to send task mail. Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Es muss ein Empfänger angegeben werden. (Translation: A recipient must be specified)
   bei System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   bei Snow.SnowAutomationPlatform.Activities.Task.SendOwnerMail(String subject, String body, Boolean sendCCtoSecondaryOwners)
   bei Snow.SnowAutomationPlatform.Activities.Task.DoIt()

For me it seems as if AP can't resolve the users in the AD group correctly or read their email addresses.
But, if you replace the AD group with one of the two users, the activity works as expected and an email is sent to the "Owners_Primary"

After a check of the AD users, nothing strange struck me either. Using a different group also leads to the same error pattern.

Do you have any idea where in AP or AD I can check why the AD group can't be resolved properly?

Thanks and Best,

Dennis

Outcomes