AnsweredAssumed Answered

BigFix server did not return all results for computer

Question asked by Battelboy on Aug 2, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2018 by Battelboy

Hello everyone,

currently we have some difficulties with the IBM BigFix connector.

SLM Version: 8.3.2

SIS: 5.4.1

SIM Version: 5.8.1

Unfortunately, the connector only works sporadically, many computers are inventoried via the Integration Connector, but there are still some devices that are missing. How is it possible that some devices can be detected via the connector and some not? I have set the log level to DEBUG to find out more information. I noticed the following error:

2018-08-02 09:47:38,964 [1] ERROR SnowSoftware.ExternalDataProvider.Providers.BigFix.BigFixClient.BigFixClient [(null)] [(null)] - Exception in GetComputerProperties(556) : Unable to cast object of type 'REST.BESAPI_Namespace.ComputerSetting' to type 'REST.BESAPI_Namespace.BESAPIComputerProperty'.
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'REST.BESAPI_Namespace.ComputerSetting' to type 'REST.BESAPI_Namespace.BESAPIComputerProperty'.
at SnowSoftware.ExternalDataProvider.Providers.BigFix.BigFixClient.BigFixClient.<>c.<GetComputerProperties>b__61_0(Object c)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at SnowSoftware.ExternalDataProvider.Providers.BigFix.BigFixClient.BigFixClient.GetComputerProperties(Nullable`1 computerId)

Can someone help me? 

Thanks in advance

greetings

Outcomes