AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can we have some advanced technical information on the elements in the Inventory Server configuration file

Question asked by tom.lineen Advocate on Aug 8, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 by Oliver.Berger

The Snow Inventory Server User Guide contains a section entitled Advanced Configuration.

I would like to see

1. some detailed working examples (the only examples in the user guide are screenshots)
  2. clarification on some or all elements

Let me explain.

The descriptions included in the <ModuleConfiguration> section are not very clear.

I would like to use the ElementProcessorSet element so that any data that is not presented in SLM is not stored.

The explanation says "To only process and store information that is presented in Snow License Manager, remove the following elements from the module configuration".

I would like to exclude some elements e.g. DeviceDrivers, Fonts and Printers which we do not manage in SLM.

This <ModuleConfiguration> section does not exist on my server so I would like to know what will happen if I create it now.

Is there any way I can cleanup information that has been uploaded in the past (I have 58 Million rows in inv.DataDeviceDriver).

I would also like to see a better explanation of each element. e.g. what would the impact of changing the MaxSequenceNumbers element be.

I am aware that there are a number of other Advanced Module Configuration elements which are not listed in this document.

Thanks

Outcomes