I have a machine that I renamed from PCUK4716L to PCUK4716D, I have run the SNOW Agent scan several times and sent the results. the machine sends the result file with no problem.
was the Computername change in the Snow Inventory Server too?
That would be the first thing we should consider.
Can you check BIOS Number in your SLM.
Is there maybe a duplicate asset?
I have just checked the Bios S/N but there is only one asset showing and this is the one with the wrong name, the change was one character the wrong one is PCUK4716L and was renamed to PCUK4716D as it is not a laptop but is a Desktop. Can you please expand on what you mean use change the name in the inventory server?
you need to query the SnowInventory DB to find out if the machine name is correct.
You also need to wait a Data Update Job to see the results in SLM.
We have waited around 6 times now, I have asked our compliance team to check the inventory.
Please give us more infos about the results from your compliance team.
Some time ago I noticed that some renamed computers were not updated in SLM.
In Inventory the new computername was listed, in SLM only the old computername was listed and also the last scandate got no refresh.
With the below SQL I found that computers and created a ticket at Snow support.
They told me they are aware of that problem and added an additional procedure for the daily Maintenance Job (DUJ), that updates renamed computers.
I don't know if you have the same problem. But when you have access to the databases you can use the following SQL to find renamed computers, that were not updated in SLM
SELECT 'Inventory ->',ic.[ClientId],ic.hostname, ic.BiosSerialNumber, ic.ConfigName, ic.LastUpdate
'SLM->',c.clientid, c.computerid, c.hostname, c.BiosSerialNumber,c.ClientConfigurationName, c.lastscandate, c.InfoTransferDate, c.clientversion
FROM [SnowInventory].[inv].[DataClientView2] ic
join [SnowLicenseManager].[dbo].[tblcomputer] c on ic.ClientId=c.clientid
where ic.hostname != c.HostName
order by ic.hostname
Retrieving data ...