Step-by-step I'm learning more and more about the magic world of SNOW.
I'm now at the stage I want to change the configuration of existing agents. I've been reading the USerguide for Adminconsole, I have been reading some posts here... but I cannot find this particular solution.
What I already tried out:
- I created a view with one computer (to test).
- I copied the snowagent.config file and made some changes (SITENAME) and saved again with the same name (as far as I understood in the posts here, it's critical the config file has this name).
- I created a new "Agent update event" and iso choosing a new agent, I choose to add a new support file (my adapted snowagent.config).
- I linked this to the correct view an launched.
- After a day or so, I found the agent update was failed (which I already noticed in the SLM UI).
Could somebody tell me :
- what the correct procedure is to perform this kind of job?
- Can I send the same config-file as well to Windows/Linux? If yes, it's less work in creating views.