We have several e.g. Red Hat licenses which are purchased on several dates and have different end dates. For example:
- Purchased a RHEL license for the period 01/06/2018 - 31/12/2018
- Purchased a Red Hat JBOSS license for the periode 01/07/2018 - 31/12/2021
Within Snow I registered:
- A Master agreement REDHAT_main with an active agreement period of 01/01/2018 - 31/12/2100 (ever lasting)
- Below this master agreement I attached a software agreement for each individual purchase (REDHAT_RHEL1 and REDHAT_JBOSS1)
- I added both licenses and each license I attach to it's own sub-master agreement (the RHEL license attached to the REDHAT_RHEL1 agreement and the JBOSS license to the REDHAT_JBOSS1 agreement). I add manually the Maintenance and Support period, not using the option "according to agreement".
Recently I did a renewal of the RHEL license fot the period 01/01/2019 - 31/12/2019.
Now I want to update Snow:
- I add a new sub-agreement attached to het master agreement REDHAT_main), called REDHAT_RHEL2 with an active agreement period of 01/01/2019 - 31/12/2019.
- I want to edit the existing license and connect it to the new agreement (REDHAT_RHEL2) and add a new maintenance period. Unfortunately this does not work, because the purchase date of the license is before the start date of the new agreement.
How would you register these kinds of renewal?