AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inventory of Adobe Acrobat DC Standard and Professional

Question asked by alexander.butzlaff Advocate on Sep 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 by rswain

Hi all,

In SLM I have a number of installations for an application called Adobe Acrobat DC. On the other hand I have licenses for both Acrobat DC Standard and Professional. These have separate corresponding applications. Problem: All three applications in SLM are identified via Acrobat.exe so that there is no separation on program file level:

So I know that with the Acrobat DC applications can be matched to the repsective licenses only by the Software identification tags (SWIDs), which comes from the registry as documented here: Identifying Existing Installs — Enterprise Administration Guide 

I had a look into the Software Recognition Service and found the following applications:

The application highlighted is the one which show a license need in SLM but this is of no use to me since I need to differentiate between a Professional installation and a Standard installation. For the applications Adobe Acrobat DC Professional/Standard (SWID) there are some rules, however no hits for these.

Plus, I cannot determine why these SWID-applications are grayed out. In any case I am not able edit existing rules or add new ones.

Do any of you have experience with representing these applications and their respective licenses in SRS/SLM and can provide best practises?

Thank you,

Alex

Outcomes