Have a question regarding migration of Snow Software products. At this moment, we are using Windows Server 2012 R2, but planning to perform migration to a newer version - 2016. We have a separate database server which will not be touched.
As I understand correctly, we should do the following:
- Request new licenses from Snow or reset existing
- Perform Snow Update Service and upgrade SI5/SLM/SMACC to the latest versions
- Perform DUJ
- Backup SnowInventory and SnowLicenseManager databases
- Perform a new installation of Snow Inventory on a server 2016 (map with existing DB)
- Perform a new installation of Snow License Manager on a server 2016 (is it possible to map with existing DB or we should rename it to SnowLicenseManager_Backup, perform a clean installation of SnowLicenseManager and then restore all data from Backup to a clean DB?)
- Install other components like SIM
Are these steps correct or I missed something?